Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Niagara Falls September 2009













We are good in city traffic as long as I have at LEAST 3 maps and the Garmin GPS for me to instruct George. this is rush hour traffic crossing a bridge above Buffalo New York prior to heading up to Niagara Falls,pictured in purple at right.



Tonight, we left our KOA campround and drove 3 miles to the great falls. We parked in the no parking lane and enjoyed our illicit moment viewing the falls and having a honeymoon kiss. It is a warm night at 18 degrees C, so standing around in the mist was pleasant. Bet it would be nice on a hot day, too. I am not much for these touristy places. They have a factory outletd discount mall here like in North Conway with all the brand name stores, but we will likely pass that by tomorrow.



Port Lewis cottage is showing its age and we were so happy to have our own sweet accomodation to eat and sleep out of. It was quiet and the cousins were not around, and the lake is alway a pleasure to be around. It kindof smelled weedy and I did not swim, but George did twice. we kayaked around the 3 islands and biked a few km down past the golf course, washed the truck and camper and I got some painting done of some Newfoundland scenes.


No comments:

Post a Comment