Got up at 6 and headed in to the city with John and Carol who were registered in the Montreal Marathon to run 10K. George and I walked 5 k, but not in the marathon. We toured the Montreal Botanical gardens and the Olympic Stadium. The Chinese bonzai gardens were so neat, so Zen, so perfect. Then we had a great brunch that Angie and Jessie.,Sarah (with the help of baby Elliot) and Paul and Kelly put together. YUM! Such a nice family we have and great to hear how they are all doing and thriving. First baby for the Wilsons East.
Having looked at many jewellery stores across the country I finally decided to try the city and lo and behold, I found Emily's 13th birthday gold bracelet! This is a tradition that I started with my grandchildren after having been given a gold bracelet from my grandmother when I turned 13. I slipped it on and never, ever took it off. As babies, all of the kids played with it repeatedly, and thern Deborah received hers last year when she turned 13. I did not realize how difficult it would be to find something similiar to my plain bangle, but hey, the search has taken me places that I wolud not have gone otherwise.

No comments:
Post a Comment