The ferry from Argentia, Newfoundland to North SydneyNova Scotia had the roughest ride of the summer last night and instead of 14 hours it was 17 1/2 hours. It wasn't all that bad, but even I took gravol (ginger, thanks Carol) 3 times during the night. It wasnt really a sleep as the wind impact made it like really rough flying with shudders and jolts added. George had a little blue pill and that allowed him some sleep. :)
How I loved my time on that island. Why? It is a roughed (sp) land and people, but the stories that I had told to me were so real and touching, all from their lives and changes that had to be faced. The scenery amazing. the distances vast. Water everywhere. No bugs. A quiet and simplicity that was peaceful in my heart. I could so relate to them from my (paltry) experiences in the Pend d'Oreille valley. Being there I found a piece of myself, and I hated to leave.....
We drove about 40 K from the ferry and parked the trailer in a nice park in the trees, out of the constant wind. Yes, it ws sunny and what we had missed on our way up here was revealed to us today. So we took off after lunch and drove the CAbot TRail around the north end of Cape Breton. thanks to June, we stopped at every opportunity and r
eally enjoyed the vistas. I met a lady who has created many patterns for hook work and had learned from her Mom and Grandma and she and her sister did most of the store full hook art. I got Emily a package with all the insructions and wool to work with. This lady had designed a cute picture with her 4 year old granddaughter.
eally enjoyed the vistas. I met a lady who has created many patterns for hook work and had learned from her Mom and Grandma and she and her sister did most of the store full hook art. I got Emily a package with all the insructions and wool to work with. This lady had designed a cute picture with her 4 year old granddaughter.Tomorrow we are off to PEI via the ferry, which does not cost to come on the island, but does to leave. So we will stay- well for a while. We should stop listening to the weather channel as now they are talking about Tropical Storm Danny heading this way. Bill was almost a no show, which we did not mind, living beneath such thin walls.
Love to all and Thanks SO MUCH FOR ALLOF THE EMAILS I GOT TODAY. I miss you!

No comments:
Post a Comment