Hello fellow vicarious travellers.
We had an amazing day today in Gros Morne National Park. Off at the crack of 9 for an hour drive that beats the heck out of the Kaslo corners, somewhat in a hurry to get to a trail head to join a guided group of hikers. Well I was nearly sick from sitting in the back seat of the Tacoma as John sat up front with George. But that passed and I acclimatized on the Tablelands. They are glacial rock with alpine shrubs. We held a 1 1/2 inch piece of wood with 220 circles- meaning years of growth, and it the spruce was 2 feet high. Amazing place. Then we drove through a little village called Woody Point- quaint, tidy immaculately clean and friendly and right on the ocean arm, so a little sheltered from the wind. Then we went to Lomond Campground and boat launch. Finally we got the kayaks off the truck roof and into the salt. It was hot so I put on my suit and off we paddled, around the point and with all that privacy, I had a lovely long salt water soak sans suit. That way I keep the kayak seat dry! But more to the point, the water was crystal clear and warmer than Cuba! No kidding. I picked up a bunch of sea shells and of course another rock for my rockery at home. Then we drove home to our KOA campsite after stopping in Rocky Point for some freshly caught halibut at the wharf/market. Last night I got lobster and fresh scallops and Carol got halibut, so tonight I had to have more of it. Let's see if I can send pictures.
till later- day 19 comes to a close now......

No comments:
Post a Comment